Sunday, April 1, 2012

Siberian Chiffchaff

Have had a busy few days but made it out this morning in search of a singing chiffchaff in south Dublin. Arrived early but the bird was already being watched by a birder and stayed on show through out my stay. Alternated my time photographing it when it was close and sketching as it worked its way higher up or farther back in the brambles. The sun was against me and it is probably best viewed from mid morning onwards when it works its way around, but the views were still fantastic. It stayed very quiet early on, only calling once in my first hour, but by 930 it was singing away and calling constantly. The number of pedestrians, cyclists and dog walkers increased and I left happy at 10.30ish.

 A very cold, grey bird, looked very scruffy with some fresh inner greater coverts.
Atleast one willow warbler also showed well briefly and a blackcap sang throughout, Spring is definately here.

No comments:

Post a Comment